Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Clean and Simple Thanks So Much, Meg!!

I know some of you have noticed the small changes in the blog over the weeks. The new banner is courtesy of my talented niece, Meg. When I started this whole blog thing, I asked for her help with setting things up and asked if she could "whip" me up a banner as she had a former job maintaining a website and has her own blog. No problem, Aunt Moe :) We talked about the design and voila..."Buttons & Bling." And now I see PTI is going to be carrying "bling" so my blog name won't be out of date like pompom trim (or maybe that just hasn't taken off yet!! LOL). So this card, while made for Charmaine's Sweet and Simple challenge at the Verve forum, is a thank-you to Meg, who is on her way over as I type. I'm sure you will notice the "button" and the "bling." I think she will like it...plus it has a keychain Starbucks card inside...YUM!!
I've been making cards like a crazy woman here. It's anniversary time over at Verve Stamps and there are a ton of challenges with the chance of winning stamps! I've won 3 times so far this year!! It's fun, but the sketches are detailed, whew! I'll be posting the cards throughout the week here and they'll be in my gallery over at Splitcoast. Have a lovely evening!

What's in it?
Stamps: Verve Kindred Spirits; PTI mega mixed messages, fancy flourishes
Paper: SU kraft
Ink: SU choc chip; PTI raspberry fizz
Accessories: gemstones, PTI grosgrain, grandpa's button, linen thread

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you add more buttons and bling to your new banner? I somehow think so! Looks great!

Melisa

Laural-Lee said...

I'm so glad you posted this card. Now I can comment. I love the swirls and I LOVE the bling. It's a beautiful card. I'm sure your niece appreciated it (and the starbuck GC)

Sarah-Jane Kalé said...

This is BEAUTIFUL. I just adore that flourish stamp. Stunning.

xx Sarah

TannyP said...

That's a gorgeous card - all of your creations for the sketches were fabulous! No wonder you've been running away with the prizes! Lovely work!

Maile Belles said...

Simply Gorgeous!!! Love the bling and the new changes to the blog-o!

Andrea M said...

I love all your cards -- just had a more complete look around after jumping off the Raspberry Suite post. I love how you combine colors and your cards have a great, uncomplicated elegance. Very inspirational :)

Winter said...

Very pretty! I love the flourishes and the bling!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...