Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Kind Words ~ Jen's Sketch for You to Try


The card today has been in the studio since Sunday. I was not happy with the original sentiment shape. I had stamped it on the nestabilities blossom shape and sponged the edges but it looked terrible. I love how others have used the blossom shape and I think I would have liked it more without the sponging or with better sponging. So the sentiment on this card is my third try and I think it works best on the circle. I know it's the same colour palette as of late, but after a BIG disappointment with some new dp and sage shadow yesterday I had to get back to some comfort colours (sort of like comfort food on a cold, snowy day!). Hope you are having a lovely day. I'm off to our Farmer's Market soon and then meeting my dh for lunch :) We have our summer heat back again!

What's in it? Stamps: SU echoes of kindness
Paper: SU kraft, vanilla, choc chip, pomegranate, blush blossom; DCWV dp
Ink: SU choc chip
Accessories: circle nestabilities, gemstones, pearls, brads, stitching, SU butterfly die, cuttlebug EFs

7 comments:

Laural-Lee said...

This card is beautiful. The sentiment looks great. The sponging was worth trying. The butterflies are nice. And the dp looks wonderful. I like useing the same dp a few times because it helps me get use to the colour combos and pay more attention to the details. The embossing on your kraft paper is a nice touch.

Crystal said...

Maureen, my first visit to your blog ...you have some beautiful creations ! I love the colors, layout and sentiment here on this card. Great job!

Marisa said...

Love it, Maureen! Sewing on the embossed panel is lovely as is the butterfly. Great card :D

My DD teacher just came over today to give me the basics on a blog so I still have a lot to do but at least I have something to play with :D

Janelle Stollfus said...

Hi Maureen! I wanted to let you know that I've nominated you as a Kreativ Award recipient at my blog.

rainpuddlesdesign dot blogspot dot com.

Love your blog!

TannyP said...

Your card turned out beautifully! The colors are perfect, so you can feel free to use them as long as you want. I completely understand the comfort colors. I tend to have those, as well.

Maile Belles said...

Beautiful!!! Won't every get tired of this color combo! I love all the perfectly placed embellishments and the butterfly is fabulouse!

Ann said...

So lovely! I love the colors, the embossing, and the butterfly!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...