Saturday, August 8, 2009

Thankful Thoughts ~ Viva La Verve!

As you read this I am having a fun little girls' road trip with my dear friend and stamping buddy:) We have driven to a city 2 hours away that's a little bigger than the city we live in. One thing about it is the shopping is better than our town (isn't it always?) and it has a couple of actual scrapbooking stores so we can touch paper and ribbon for hours!! Here's my card for Verve's Friday Sketch. The twist this week is to use border punches!! YAHOO! How did they know? How did they know that I've been stalking the 3A aisle of Michaels for 2 months waiting for them to restock the EK small dotted scallop punch? I had an old scalloped medallion on my desk and thought I could make one with my new punch. After the card was done, I thought the top left hand corner looked rather bare, but resisted the urge to add white dots or faux stitching. I practised on a wrecked scalloped edge but didn't like it, so left it plain. And no bling...that way your eye is drawn to the flower. I like it!! Oh, and the sentiment was a little gift that was in my last Verve order...how sweet! Thanks, Julee!
What's in it:


Stamps: Verve Plain Jane (gift with purchase!)
Paper: SU so saffron, choc chip, kraft, taken with teal; PTI shimmer white, dp; Basicgrey dp
Ink: SU choc chip
Accessories: EK large scallop and dotted scallop punches; prima flower; PTI button and grosgrain; linen thread; cuttlebug EF

4 comments:

Winter said...

Very cute! LOVE the big scallop punch! Have fun with the girls! :)

Laural-Lee said...

Feelin' the yellow!!! and I like the little touch of turquoise. Don't you just love EK success new lock on their border punches so that they stay flat?

Ann said...

LOVE this! Your flower is so cheery!

Maile Belles said...

Wow, very pretty!!! Love the embossed and punched frame and the flower really does pop! I really like that embossed curves punch, it looks great in kraft and on your card.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...