Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Wishing You New Verve ~ Mercy's Tuesday Sketch

What could be better than someone wishing you new Verve stamps? I was so excited to break open 2 of my new sets, "Wishing You" and "Happiness Found." The Wishing You set is really cool because the "Wishing You" is separate and then there are all these other sentiments that you can choose from. So versatile. The little leaves are from Happiness Found. I don't make many long cards as I don't have the envelopes for them but thought I could make this into my mother-in-law's birthday card and then just tuck it in her present. She turns 84 tomorrow and I'm taking her out for lunch on Saturday to our local Tea House. The scones are to die for!! I dipped into my Autumn Vine dp again. I am really enjoying these papers. These two patterns are on the same paper. I love when companies make it easy to put dp together :) The lovely satin ribbon is from PTI and the button is once again from my Grandpa's button collection (real vintage!). I wish you all the happiest of days today :) And may you be blessed with new Verve stamps someday along your stamping journey :)






What's in it?
Stamps: Verve Wishing You, Happiness Found
Ink: SU choc chip, mustard, guava
Paper: SU really rust, choc chip, Autumn Vine dp; PTI white, summer sunrise
Accessories: stitching; button; linen thread; MS edge punch, pearls; SU ticket corner punch; PTI ribbon


9 comments:

Cheryl said...

It's gorgeous Maureen! Love the DP and color combo you used, and that bow is just perfect!

TannyP said...

Well aren't you the sweetest, wishing new Verve on everyone =)

Awesome colors - yes, that Autumn Vine really does make it easy. Your stamping, again, perfection, and the details you've added are so sweet, Maureen. Love it!

Unknown said...

maureen...this is gorgeous! love the colors, the dp, and that yummy ribbon...and of course you know i love me some verve! LOL!

thanks for playing along with my sketch for this week...you've done such an amazing job!

{{{hugs}}}
mercy

Laural-Lee said...

Love what you did with this sketch. It is on my to do list so thanks for the inspiration. Love the ribbon! It works well with the rest of your colours. Like the stitching detail. Glad you're getting use out of the dp.

Marisa said...

Great job with Mercy's sketch, Maureen. This is a great set (on my wish list) and I love the colours you used and the DP is great. Nice touch with the sewing. Lovely card.

Anonymous said...

Fun card, Maureen! Thanks for playing along with Embellish!

Tiffany Heilman said...

I love this card. The button and those lovely layers!

Winter said...

So pretty Maureen! I love the size of the card! I really was thinking of you when I made my card, honest! :)

Anonymous said...

...you actually have time for this during the month of september...wowee....you really can do it all...love how each card is soooo different from the rest...very original...t2usoon...troylana

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...