Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Blossom ~ Viva La Verve Sketch #3

This is so funny...when I went to post this picture, I couldn't find it!! LOL I looked everywhere in my picture files and even in the recycle bin...nothing!! So I had to get it off my SCS gallery :) Good thing it was there! This card is for the weekly Viva La Verve Challenge. Amber's twist this week is to use fabric. My sister who quilts gave me a bag of fabric pieces last month and I was drawn to this one right away. It's a very close match to the old SU In Colour Vintage Violet. I love how it contrasts with More Mustard. My sewing is WAY off, uh, I mean VERY whimsical. I think I should have just stitched the fabric before adhering it to the cardstock...HELP, Melisa!! It got a little wrinkly on me. I hope your week is going well. Thanks for stopping by :)


What's in it?
Stamps: Verve Plain Jane, SU by definition
Ink: SU vintage violet, close to cocoa
Paper: SU vintage violet, more mustard, choc chip, kraft, Autumn Vine dp; PTI cream
Accessories: button, SU birds and blooms die and linen thread; silver pearls; satin ribbon, fabric; stitching

5 comments:

TannyP said...

Oooohhh - such fabulous colors and your stitching is wonderful, Maureen. Always our own worst critics. I love what you've done with this card - the sentiment is a fave and you've always got the perfect touches (flower/button/ribbon). How do you get your bows so darn perfect?!

No packing yet, but I'm sure looking forward to five days off work!!

Marisa said...

Great use of fabric on this sketch! Love the pearls you added and the print on the flower. Great colour combo too! Wonderfully done!

Laural-Lee said...

Love the colours and the fabric works wonderfully. I don't see any wrinkles. Great flower die and nice bling.

Anonymous said...

It looks great Maureen! Pretty colours~ love the combo! I predict that you'll be into sewing projects soon!

Melisa

Maile Belles said...

Very pretty, love that fabric!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...