Thursday, November 26, 2009

Joy to the World ~ Mercy's Tuesday Sketch

Happy Thanksgiving to all my American blog buddies!! I must say you all have the right idea celebrating over 2 days to make your weekend extra long! Some even have the whole week off!! I wish Canada did the same...we only get a lousy Monday off :( And no one can beat your sales!! Today's card is for Mercy's Tuesday sketch. I knew I wanted a kraft card base and to somehow use up some of my little bits of yummy dp :) After stamping the holly, I noticed I still had raspberry fizz thread in my sewing machine...perfect!! I also tried out my new Martha Stewart holly punch...I must say her new punches punch out better than the older ones. This delicate design is punched out in thick Papertrey paper...no problems!! Yay!! I wanted to keep it clean and simple (can you believe it?). I hope you all have a blessed day, wherever you are in the world. I am thankful everyday for my blessed life and my blog gals :) TGIF tomorrow!!







What's in it?
Stamps: PTI holiday button bits; signature christmas
Ink: SU baroque burgundy, old olive
Paper: PTI kraft, scarlet jewel, raspberry fizz, vintage cream, holiday cheer dp
Accessories: MS holly punch, PTI buttons, stitching

7 comments:

Marisa said...

Oooh, love that new Holly border punch. Haven't seen it at our Mike's -- probably sold out already LOL! Wonderful card. Love the sentiment and the button holly image. Sewing around the main image panel is a wonderful touch :D Hope to see you at Verve's party tomorrow :D

Unknown said...

maureen...this is gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous! love the color combo, the dp, the holly/button image, the stitching, and that border punch...it all combines to make a phenomenal card!

thanks for playing along with my sketch for this week...you've done a fabulous job!

{{{hugs}}}
mercy

TannyP said...

Another fabulous creation. Gorgeous work on this sketch - you've really done a wonderful job of combining colors and using that amazing stamp set. Can't wait for my order to arrive!

Andrea M said...

Wow, Maureen! What a stunning card! I LOVE these colors together. You cards are also so perfect and so beautiful!

Nancy said...

GORGEOUS, just GORGEOUS!
Thank you for being such a great inspiration. *hugs*

Kristina said...

Oh, I love that dp. I'm totally afraid to use it, but I love looking at everything you create with it. I'll just live vicariously through you. ;)

Yup, my box of PTI goodies came in the mail on Tuesday and that dp was one of my new purchases. I didn't get it the first time around. Sometimes I just need to see it being used a bit before the inspiration bug bites me. But I really like it now! I also got the new leaves stamps... AMAZING! They may be a new favorite. I can't wait to see what you create over the next few weeks with your new goodies.

Michelle Woerner said...

This is just darling! I love the buttons, your pretty in pink stitching and that amazing DP! Sigh.. so pretty!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...