Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Joy to the World ~ Mojo Monday

Happy Hump Day, my lovely blog buddies!! A quick little post today and another one of Moe's math lessons. Today, students, we are going to shorten, lengthen and rotate this sketch 90 degrees clockwise. Are you still with me? LOL If you have been following my blog these past few months, you know I am changing all square sketches into regular 4.25 x 5.5 cards for the Christmas season so I can mail these cards easily in clear envelopes. I was going to use my Holiday Button Bits holly image, but it was too big to fit into this circle, so I made my own leaves inspired by Jennifer's brillant idea!! I stamped the leaves with a flourish and added some light green bling, although it looks clear in the photo. These leaves were fun to make, although my next pair should be better once I get the hang of where to punch. I hope your week is going well...my dh and I have a really fun date night planned for Saturday!! Can't wait! (p.s. I got my regular flu shot today at work and the secretary cheered for me and the nurse gave me a lollipop! See here for the beginning of the story!! LOL)




What's in it?
Stamps: PTI Holiday Button Bits; Fancy Flourishes
Ink: versamark, SU choc chip
Paper: PTI kraft, scarlet jewel, avocado, springmoss, vintage cream; Holiday cheer dp
Accessories: PTI buttons, satin ribbon, gemstones, twine, circl nestabilities, SU horizontal slot and 1" circle punches

8 comments:

Lea L. said...

Ooooh...this is SO pretty! I love the stamping on the holly leaves, and the button berries! Great job with Mojo Monday 115!

♥Lea

Marisa said...

Well done on the leaves! Will have to try that out myself. Love the ribbon through the image panel and the DP is great. Hope the lollipop was in a colour you liked LOL!

Aimes said...

Way to work the geometry with that sketch, Maureen! LOL!
I LOVE your holly leaves, they look fabulous!
I'd have applauded too with the shot - anyone who faces a needle needs praise, including myself!
Hugs,
Aimes
x

Anonymous said...

your card is absolutely fantastic. I love the buttons and the stamped leaves. It's gorgeous!

Melisa Hunter said...

What a great idea for the leaves! Pretty colour combination and very nice take on the sketch! Good job with the immunization, too ;)! Glad you got a lollipop!

Teresa Kline said...

this is gorgeous, holly leaves are my favorite....congrats on the Verve win...wooohooo.

enjoy *~*

Kristina said...

So, I'm beginning to think you may be the luckiest person I know. Been the the Verve blog lately? ;) I wouldn't mind at all if you rubbed some of that good luck off on me. :)

This card is really beautiful, Maureen. I love that dp pattern in the background. Not to mention those handmade holly leaves! Brilliant! I adore the flourishes stamped on them.

Only one more day of conferences! And my tough parents are all done. Thank goodness! I'm looking forward to a nice last two weeks of school before a nice long two week break! :)

Winter said...

So pretty! I love the holly leaves and berries! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...