Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Happy Birthday, Baby!!

Good morning!! Happy Groundhog Day!! But more importantly, happy birthday sweetheart!! Yes, today's post is all about my dear husband (dh). This wonderful man came into my life 5 years ago and every day since I have cherished this blessing :) I won't go on and on and list all the reasons why I love him...think of a reason and I'm sure it's on my list :) The challenge for today's card was to make it masculine...no bling, no ribbon, no doily lace border punches. I used Pacific Point as this is Tony's favourite colour. I had one half piece left in my scrap bag (whew!). I searched for some masculine dp and this is what I settled on...I thought the bold polka dots would be fun. Dawn's sentiment from her Signature Greetings worked perfectly. Do you think it's "manly" enough? LOL Here are a few photos of us before I sign off...

This was taken 4 years ago. We were checking out a ski hill close to where we live that had snow shoeing excursions. He's very young at heart...I always joke with him that he's like two 24 year olds!! Lucky me!! LOL


This was taken at Tony's Christmas party a year ago. He's very good at taking our photos!! He took the one above as well...no editing to center us!! Oh, and one other funny little story about his birthday. When we were first dating and coming out of the movie theatre one night, I told him that one of my all time favourite movies was "Groundhog Day." He laughed and told me that was his birthday...a sign or what? LOL We are off to a romantic birthday dinner tonight...he doesn't know where it is...shhhhh!! Have a wonderful day...I hope the groundhog doesn't see his shadow :)



What's in it?
Stamps: PTI signature greetings, background basics retro
Paper: SU pacific point, PTI kraft, black and white dp
Ink: SU basic black, versamark
Accessories: twine, buttons, floss, SU ticket corner punch, fiskars upper crest border punch, cropodile

11 comments:

TannyP said...

Perfectly manly card! I'm sure he's going to love it, Maureen. You two look adorable together - enjoy your romantic evening out!

Michelle Woerner said...

Ahhh! You guys are super cute!! I love the card. That rich royal blue and black combo is perfect for a guy, he will love it.

You are on a roll with your lovely cards lately! I haven't had time to comment, but you are in my Google Reader and I see them all! Hugs,

Marisa said...

A wonderful card for Tony, Maureen :D Great colours and you even managed to sneak in a bow :D I'm sure he will love it. Enjoy your evening out! I'm sure he is just as glad you have you too :D

Ann said...

What a great card! Happy birthday to your hubby--may you celebrate many more together! Love those pics! :D

Laural-Lee said...

Written in the stars ;) That's what I think. Happy Birthday to Tony. This is a wonderful masculine card. I have a couple more sheets of pacific point if you are interested in them.

Aimes said...

Happy Birthday, Maureen's guy! Well you've cracked the toughie of making masculine cards with this creation I love the bold polka dots!
Thanks for sharing such lovely pics too - you both look soooooo happy!
Wishing you a wonderfully romantic meal out!
x

Melisa Hunter said...

Happy Birthday, Tony! Great card, Maureen! Love the sentiment! My SIL's birthday is today, too!

Kristina said...

What a great masculine card! I actually LOVE this card. Those two colors, especially with the bold polka dots, really play off of each other well! I hope you had a wonderful dinner out with your dh!

Tony said...

I think the card is beautiful and perfect just like the lady that made.
PS Happy Hubby

Winter said...

So sweet! I love the pictures and love the story about the Ground Hog Day movie! Too funny! :)

Brooke S said...

The card is great but you both are just beautiful.. What a great couple.. So happy for you.. Great Story 2...
HUGS
Brooke

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...