Friday, February 5, 2010

Thank You So Much ~ PTI Challenge

Good evening, lovely ladies :) A quick card tonight so I can enter it in the technique challenge over on the Papertrey Ink (PTI) blog tonight. Nicole and company have all sorts of events planned over 2 weeks before the third anniversary release on the 15th. There is not much time for the challenges so I was grateful to be able to participate in this one. My full time job is getting in the way of my hobby!! LOL The technique is stamping and inking over embossing and Nicole has a great little video on her blog. The photo does not do the embossing justice. I stamped a french script in sweet blush onto sweet blush, stamped a giga guide line stamp in versamark, clear embossed the panel, then sponged a bit of raspberry fizz on top of everything. It's very vintage-y in person :) The card was a little bottom heavy with bling so I added a few more small gems on the branches. Hope you are having a lovely Friday evening :) The best night of the week for me :) See you soon...


What's in it?
Stamps: PTI giga guide lines, turning a new leaf, damask designs, SU french script
Paper; PTI kraft, vintage cream, sweet blush,
Ink: versamark, PTI sweet blush, raspberry fizz; tea dye ink; SU choc chip
Accessories: PTI clear embossing powder; raspberry fizz ribbon; gemstones, SU scallop border, ticket corner and corner rounder punches, distressor; hole punch; twine

6 comments:

Melisa Hunter said...

Very pretty Maureen! The kraft and choc chip are so yummy with the pink. That's so funny that we were working on the same background. I love that French script and I always will! :)

Marisa said...

I absolutely LOVE this card, Maureen!! I have that leaf set high on my hit list as I just love leaves. Fabulous colour combo, great embossing with the French Script (one of my all time fave BG stamps) and the image, love the bling on the branch and the little twine on the sentiment panel is a great touch. You can send this one to me any time LOL! Have a great weekend :D

Lynn said...

Maureen,
I love your card...your comment about your job made me laugh...I feel the same way!! Love your take on the challenge!

Betty Wright said...

Maureen, this is wonderful! Great colors and LOVE the bling! I just got this set. I may need those gigas, too! I so know what you mean about work getting in the way of this hobby! I just started working parttime last fall after 10 years home with the kids and geez...I am not sure how full time peeps find time to stamp at all! I feel your pain, girl! Beautiful card!

Laural-Lee said...

This is beautiful! You're technique is beautiful. It's too bad that picture doesn't do it full justice.

joy said...

Beautiful card with great colors!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...