Saturday, April 10, 2010

As High as I Can Reach ~ Guest Designer


Good morning!! Welcome to the Cinema Saturday Creative Challenge!!! I am one of the lucky ladies who gets to play along with Sankari and Brooke this morning :)  I just love the movie this week...Up!   I never saw it in the theatre, but my bonus son (my term for stepson :)) had a copy so we borrowed it last Saturday. Oh, how we loved it!!  It was the first animated film to make me cry and my husband laugh the deepest and most heartfelt laugh I have ever heard!! (not at the same time, though! LOL)  It is such an endearing movie about love, friendship, honour, loyalty, and moving on.  It really is a must see.  You can't go wrong with a Pixar movie either...they are brilliant!!  The challenge was to use balloons.  This was a challenge as I have no balloon stamps!!! So I traced and paper pieced one together and added another stamp set to an ongoing wish list ;)  I also had this sweet sun on my desk from a few weeks ago so I thought I'd create a sunny day scene with the balloon taking off.  This Verve sentiment came to me right away.  I couldn't think of a more perfect one for the movie :)  I hope you can join us this week and make your own balloon card!!  Thanks for visiting...have a great Saturday :)


What's in it?
Stamps: Verve Believe, Let it Shine
Ink: Versafine onyx
Paper: PTI kraft, white, ocean tide, polkadot dp; MME quite contrary, SU dp,
Accessories: satin ribbon, SU slot punch, corner chomper, stitching, prisma glitter, gemstones

7 comments:

Tethered2Home said...

This is so pretty, Maureen! Right down to the stitching detail.

Unknown said...

One of my favorites. This is a beautiful card! Please come and take a look at my blog. I am giving away a Free Digital Stamp.

Jessica Lynn

Marisa said...

Squirrel!! LOL! Great movie. I cried at the beginning and had a few good laughs along the way. Alpha dogs squeaky voice was priceless. You have recreated the balloon wonderfully and I love the scene you made. Well done :D Have a great weekend!

Crystal said...

Maureen, I LOVE this card ! Great colors and what a great job tracing and paper piece your " balloon".

Kristina said...

I was hiding under your porch because I love you. :)

I love that movie! I couldn't believe it had me crying within the first 10 minutes, but it was so beautifully written. And your balloon is beautiful as well! I can't believe you drew/traced it! It looks so perfect! Wonderful job capturing the heart of that movie in your card. :)

Laural-Lee said...

You did a fab job with this challenge. That is a beautiful sentiment to go with a beautiful card. I can't believe you made that balloon without a stamp. It's amazing!!! Great paper and you always know the right place to put some ribbon.

TannyP said...

Isn't it an amazing movie?! Your card is just right for it, too. Soooo talented!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...