Sunday, October 24, 2010

Thank You


Good afternoon, friends :)  Today's card is for Stacey's new Curtain Call Colour Challenge.  I was inspired to use some of the new Autumn paper I picked up at Michaels yesterday.  I must also let you know that this card is my second try with the colours.  The first card I made, while I did love parts of it, just didn't look right.  So it's in my "seconds" pile and will either be added to or scrapped altogether.  Rats!!  But this card is making up for it :)  The orange paisley paper is from the new Michaels pad and then I used various scraps of other paper (including some real sheet music paper from my buddy, Janelle...thanks again, sweetie!).  I didn't want the ribbon covering up too much, so went for some sheer grey/silver ribbon with a double bow :)  A new Verve stamp, some bling and there you have it :)  Thanks so much for stopping by today :)

what's in it?
stamps: verve autumn splendor
ink: versafine onyx
paper: su so saffron, basic greyretired dp; pti white, me and my big ideas dps; carolee's creations dp; sheet music
accessories: ms doily border punch, stitching, gemstones, sheer ribbon, grandpa's vintage button, twine

8 comments:

Monika/Buzsy said...

Lovely card Maureen. Great papers and such pretty ribbon treatment. Thank your for playing with us at Curtain Call.

Lynn said...

Love the variety of papers Maureen...pretty!

Stacey Schafer said...

so lovely, Maureen! thanks for playing the Curtain Call!

Marisa said...

Love the sheet music on the card and your layers. Fabulous bow flower. Great work with the colours :)

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness! This is sooooo beautiful!! I love those DPs together & sheer ribbon! Thank you for playing the Curtain Call.

Lea L. said...

This is very pretty! I love that bow you created! Great job with the colors! ♥♥♥

Winter said...

So pretty! Love the bow! :)

Janelle said...

Such a pretty card with great papers -- and I, of course, love the sheet music you added in! :) Still a few more of your posts to go, but wanted to say that I loved seeing the pics of your class walking along the river after their visit to the pumpkin patch. (And, of course, all the beautiful cards, too!)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...