Sunday, November 21, 2010

Give Thanks

Good morning!!  Well, the temperature widget on my sidebar says it's -11 (Celsius), which converts to 12.2 degrees Fahrenheit!  It's cold!!  I think I'd rather read the temperature in Fahrenheit!! LOL  Just like, "I'm much lighter in Kilograms!!"  Today's card is for Stacey's Curtain Call Colour Challenge this week.  In honour of my American blog buddies, I thought I would help celebrate Thanksgiving week with a thankful card.  Since our Canadian Thanksgiving has long since come and gone, this is the perfect way to celebrate thankfulness all over again...although I am grateful every day of the year :) (Remember Oprah over 10 years ago and her Gratitude Journal?).  I had a few ideas floating around last night and threw some paper and stamps on my desk before going to bed.  So this morning I stayed with the tree idea.  I cut out the tree image again and now think that SU should get on the die bandwagon and make one for this tree!! LOL   The white inner circle has been embossed with the Distressed Stripes embossing folder to give it a bark feel.  Are you loving grey lately?  Me too!!  What a great neutral :)  Well, I'm off to start some gift cards for my sister's store...they sold out quickly last year, so I need to make extra this year.  Have a lovely day and stay warm!!
what's in it?
stamps: su season of friendship; verve happy fall
ink: su choc chip, bermuda bay, really rust
paper: pti white, su basic grey, really rust, walk in the park dp;
accessories: circle nestabilities; pti ribbon, button, cuttlebug ef, gemstones, thread

16 comments:

Laurel said...

Wow, you are fast,this is so pretty!

Christina said...

This is brilliant, Maureen! You've combined the colors perfectly, and I love the unexpected turquoise leaves on the tree!

Ann said...

Brrr! That IS cold! Good thing you have a warm, snuggly studio to craft in! :)

Love this card! That bow is perfection!

Aimes said...

*Brrrrr* that is COLD!!!! It's 5 celsius here and I'm already in my mittens (I have been since last week - turns out I can drive quite easily in them!)
Did the temp reflect the colours on this fab card? Love those blue icy tones mixed with a dash of warming really rust! I'm totally loving grey too, though I always have done...just waiting for PTI to release a great grey for me to play with *wink*!
Hugs,
Aimes
x

Marisa said...

Love you take on the colours and I never tire of that fabulous tree :) Beautifully done! -11 are skiing temperatures for me LOL! That means nice and toasty warm in my ski suit but to walk around in it with just jeans - burrr!!!! Sure you have a latte at your side to help keep you warm ;)

Tracey said...

Beautiful card and awesome design!!!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Gorgeous fall card! Love the cut out image. Great use of the colors. Thanks for playing along with us at Curtain Call. :o)

Kathy Martin said...

So pretty Maureen! Love the color combo and your beautiful tree! :)

Stacey Schafer said...

oh my gorgeousness, Maureen! LOVE your choice of stamp...marvelous! thanks for playing the Curtain Call, dearie!

Amber Hight said...

This is really beautiful Moe, I love that stamp set and it's gorgeous with these colors!

Melisa Hunter said...

Such a gorgeous card, Maureen! LOve how you worked this colour combo. The leaves are so pretty in turquoise, and the gray DP is perfect!

Vickie Z said...

Absolutely wonderful card!! Perfect blending for the colors. Love the tree/leaves and that great big bow!! Yikes... glad I moved to the south... that's cold!!

Blissmade Designs said...

Fantastic card! Love the stamps you used and the colors.

Laural-Lee said...

Wonderful job with those colours. Love the embossing folder used. It looks fantastic!

Lynn said...

Yikes...you need to have Starbucks delivered to you instead of going there with that type of weather! Thankfully we had an unusually warm weekend. Gorgeous card...your bows are always perfect and I love that tree too! Thanks for the Thanksgiving wishes!

Silke Ledlow said...

Gorgeous GF...absolutely gorgeous take on the colors!!! This is one SU Set I don't have yet...but it's been on my wishlist!!! Thanks for enabling me :) and for playing with us!!! Hugs ~S~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...