Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Joy to the World

joytotheworld
Good morning dear friends!!! Well, I thought I should post this card as it’s getting quite the attention over on Splitcoast Stampers.  One of the commenters for this card told me that it was in the Favourites thread for this week….wow, I didn’t even know there was such a thread!!!  What an unexpected honour since this sketch really intimidated me with all the panels.  It’s for this week’s Viva La Verve challenge over on the Verve forum.  Once I started playing with all the snowflakes, I felt a lot happier about it :)
closeupflake
I’ve used several different snowflake dies, punches and stamps to create this…it is really sparkly in person and has already been given away to a coworker with a little gold box of Purdy’s chocolates :)  She loved it…I only changed one thing… I added a button and twine to the snowflake image on the tag…after taking the picture, I thought that little snowflake looked sad not having a little something on its middle :)  Thanks for stopping by…our Christmas Concert is today and tomorrow!!! Wish us luck :)
signature
VLVDecWeek2Sketch

what’s in it?

stamps: verve glad tidings, merry wishes

ink: versamark, versafine onyx

paper: pti white, kraft, bitty dot basics, su blue bliss, marina mist, retired dp, blue glitter cardstock

accessories: ms snowflake punches, TCP snowflake die, su felt flurry, bakers twine, buttons, gemstones, twine, verve scallop tag die, cuttlebug ef, pearls

6 comments:

Melisa Hunter said...

What a gorgeous card, Maureen! I love the light blue, white and kraft combo. It's so sparkly with all of the pretty snowflakes. Have a great day!

Marisa said...

Loving it all over again today on your blog :) Love the blues with the pop of kraft. Fabulously done :)

Hope the Christmas concert goes well. We don't have one this year as we have Al Pitchler coming to our school in the spring to do a school wide production of The Wizard of Oz. This is his third time at our school since my kids have been there and he is simply amazing! K - 7 gets involved and it blows my mind what he can do in a month. So looking forward to seeing the production :)

Lynn said...

Hope time fast forwards quickly to the 19th for you and that the concerts go extra well! Love the card...wonderful snowflakes!

Heidi said...

It is be-u-tee-ful! I love the snowflakes! And the color, and..... just gorgeous!

TannyP said...

WOWZA! You're amazing. This card is incredibly gorgeous, Maureen. What an outstanding creation - I can see why everyone loves it. It's stunning!

Ann said...

Wowza, Maureen! This is absolutely stunning! You blow me away with your creations!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...