Thursday, March 31, 2011

Make a Wish

makeawish

Good morning blog buddies :)  Well, today is the LAST day of my birthday month ;) If you are a regular, you know how much I {{{heart}}} by birthday.  My sidebar countdown has reset and it’s 351 days until the next one.  So it seems only fitting to make this card a birthday one…lol.  Yes, I did make a wish on the 17th, but if I tell you, it won’t come true ;)  I’ll let you know when it does :)   Today’s card uses this week’s Waltzingmouse Sketch challenge…and it was a doozy!!  I really didn’t know what to do with those big banners and wasn’t going to play until I thought I’d just make a triangle and stitch it to the rest of the card, sort of like a patchwork design.  I’m using some more yummy Upcycle paper from Cosmo Cricket…I’m definitely going through this pad quickly :)  Hope you have a lovely day and that the sun is shining where you are :)

signature

40-Sketch_thumb4 

what’s in it?

stamps: verve birthday bash

ink: versafine onyx

paper: pti cream, kraft, berry sorbet, su basic grey, more mustard, basicgrey upcycle

accessories: pti limitless layer die, su scallop punch, circle nestabilities, ribbon, buttons, twine, gems, stitching

4 comments:

Melisa Hunter said...

I love your interpretation of this sketch. It really does look like a funky, vintage quilt!

Marisa said...

Love the layered sentiment panel. Well done with the sketch. Hope your week back is going well.

Deborah Frings said...

What a lovely interpretation of the sketch - I do like the stitching and layers on your card, and the fab colours too!

Kelly S. said...

That dp is TOO cool and the stitching is amazing! Love the soft springy colors with that fab ribbon to top it all off. And what girl wouldn't wish for more purses!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...