Thursday, May 26, 2011

You are in My Prayers

inmyprayers

Good morning!  Today’s card is for this week’s PTI Make It Monday challenge.  I haven’t consistently entered these challenges, but this one caught my attention with the great video by Dawn :)  I just love hearing her talk about her thought process…that and the fact that I love everything she makes.  The challenge was to make a sympathy card.   I’m using some more Sweet Threads paper and one of my new prima flowers.  I originally was going to use satin or sheer ribbon on this, but decided on twine for a more toned down look.  I hadn’t used my top note die in AGES so dug it out after remembering a card Dawn did almost exactly two years ago.  I hope you are having a wonderful week…TGIF tomorrow and a new Viva La Verve challenge…hope you come back!! Thanks for visiting :)

signature 

what’s in it?

stamps: pti turning a new leaf, healing touch sentiments

paper: pti white, sweet blush, su peach parfait, basicgrey sweet threads

ink: versafine onyx, su mellow moss

accessories: su top note die, pti buttons and twine, prima flower, gems, thread, stitching

7 comments:

Lynn said...

Very soft and beautiful Maureen. I love the triple thread of twine. Hope you are having a wonderful week...I am looking forward to a three day weekend!

TannyP said...

The twine was the perfect way to go =) Beautiful combination of colors and your flower is perfect. Love it!

Michelle Woerner said...

THUD!

Marisa said...

Those button flowers are too cute! Love the touch of twine - good call. Hoping the field trip goes okay weather wise!

Donna C. said...

Love the detail in your card, with the buttons, jewels, twine and flowers -- just a great card.

Arlene said...

Very beautiful card! Love that you used twine...just perfect for this card. :)
Arlene.

Jill Norwood said...

I love your card - all the details are so lovely! I love Dawn McVey too - her design style is so elegant!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...