Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Beautiful U ~ Verve Diva Dare

divadaresept

Good morning!! I have a super wonderful post to share with you today.  I am hosting Day 8 of the Verve Diva Dare over on the Verve Blog today!!  This month we are challenged to CASE a Diva!  Though, I LOVED this as soon as I heard about it, I thought, “EEK!!!  How will I ever choose?”  Lucky for us Divas, Andrea came up with the fabulous “draw a Diva” idea.  Phew!!  It didn’t matter who I got as I LOVE all the Divas and their work and would be honoured to CASE any one of them!!  My draw?  The super sweet and ultra talented Diva Teresa Kline!!  Oh, my!!  Love her!  No, L-O-V-E her!!  So off to her Verve Gallery I went to TRY and NARROW down one card I could CASE and do her proud.  And like me, I had to pick 3 projects!! LOL  BUT, I put them into one card here :)  So, this is what I know about Teresa’s style…gorgeous, muted papers, LOADS of distressing, fun stitching, lace, seam binding and lots of elegant details.  Yes, DETAILS, DETAILS, DETAILS.  I think I’ve done that using the You and I and Love Notes sets along with the Jotted Heart and I {heart} U dies.  I love adding a little bookmark as a little added bonus in an envelope.  Here it is using a fabulous quote from Words of Wisdom on the Sweet Scallop Tag die.

divadareseptbookmark

And here are Teresa’s 3 inspiration photos :)  Thanks so much for stopping by…head over to the Verve Blog for more details about entering this super fun challenge :)  Have a wonderful day!!

signature

 janrelease20119janrelease201112_001janrelease2011 

what’s in it?

{beautiful U}

stamps:  You and I, Making a Statement, Love Notes (Verve)

paper: cream (PTI), sahara sand, basic grey (SU), Lost and Found 2 Sunshine (My Mind’s Eye), Uncommon (Authentique)

ink: onyx (Versafine), chocolate chip (SU)

accessories: I heart U, Sweet Scallop Tag,  and Jotted Heart dies (A Cut Above Dies by Verve), tag button (My Mind’s Eye), tag die, button, twine (PTI), seam binding (MemrieMare), envelope (Canvas Home Basics), twill (May Arts), staples, lace (Prima), stitching, flower gem (Dollar Store)

8 comments:

TannyP said...

Fabulous choices for your inspiration - this turned out BEAUTIFULLY! The colors are fantastic, the stitching rocks and such perfect details. AWESOME card!!

angel1990 said...

I LOve the look of this card!! Lots of great details!!

Christina said...

Gorgeous! I love the pull-out tag/bookmark!

Marisa said...

Lots of Verve and Moe goodness on this card, even if it is a la Teresa :) Great case!

Melisa Hunter said...

Love your card, Maureen! So many pretty things on one card. My favourite kind!

Lynn said...

Yum, yum, yum, yum...yum! Love this...the little floral bling on the U is so sweet. And the pop of pink on the tag I love. I am definitely a black, white and pink kind of girl! Fabulous CASE!

Teresa Kline said...

thanks so much Maureen for the sweet honor...I am tickled...your card is amazing, your gorgeous touches make it extra special...have a super week!

enjoy *~*

Heidi said...

Maureen how much yumminess in this post. I love all the wonderful elements here. Love it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...