Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Thank You and some House Pics!

thankyouvintage

Good morning!!  Well, the week is half over and might I say flying by as well.  Today’s card is one that started out with the sincerest intention of using it in an upcoming blog hop, but it kind of got away from me so I’m just posting it today instead.  It was not what I wanted to come out of my head for the blog hop, so I just finished it as a thank you card  that I could give to a fellow staff member sometime this year :)  I bought the October Afternoon miscellany pack last month, but am finding it hard to use all the lovely flashcards as I don’t want to cover them up!!  So I went with a little sentiment “tab.”  And let me just say that my Verve You and I set was a little nervous with me using it after the “miss”hap on the weekend!! LOL  I also thought it would be cool to use “You’re a …(10)”  but didn’t have the stamps and didn’t have the energy to type it out in Word!!  Forgive me? teehee ;)  Okay, I’ll leave you with the latest house pics…painting SHOULD start today…let’s cross our fingers :)  More photos can be found on my New House page.  Thanks for stopping by!! 

signature

sept19ensuitefloormud 

First step in the ensuite installation: mud the floor :)

sept19shower

The ensuite shower…yep, it’s HUGE.  There will be 2 shower heads.  Tony built me that sweet bench at the back.  He even had me sit on it and put my foot up on it to make sure it was the right height for little ol’ me :)  Now THAT’S custom!!

windowtrimsept16

The trim around the windows of the great room.  You can see the scaffolding outside :)  The fireplace frame is to the right.

sept20streetview

The house as of yesterday.  The new garage doors are fabulous!! I’ll finally have the luxury of a remote garage door opener :)

what’s in it?

stamps: verve you and I

ink: versafine onyx

paper: pti kraft, rustic cream, dotty biscotti dp, October Afternoon and MME dp, Su poppy parade

accessories: October Afternoon flashcard, pti tab and doily dies, button, twine, gems, ribbon

5 comments:

Lynn said...

Congrats on your CASE Study win Maureen! And...oh those flash cards are so sweet...I haven't seen that October Afternoon paper (yet :)!)

The house is looking fabulous....a shower built for two?! sorry...couldn't resist :)!!

Marisa said...

I was wondering who you knew that was turning 10 when I first saw this card. I'm very fuzzy headed this morning to say the least LOL! Fun mix of goodies on here. Great house pics. So wish my hubby was a handy man, but can't complain as he is beyond handy, to the point of gourmet, in the kitchen :)

Melisa Hunter said...

Such a sweet card! Love the colours and all of the funky elements! Great progress on the house! I think it's almost time for a personal tour, followed my a latte (on me!). What do you think? Have a great day!

Andrea M said...

Huge congrats on the CASE study win Maureen!! The house looks amazing!! Love the flash card on this baby too!!! What a great card!

Jen Cuthbertson said...

Congrats on the win, maureen! I love the house pics and would die for a garage opener (well, a garage would be a nice start, lol!) Wonderful card!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...