Saturday, February 4, 2012

Happy Valentine’s Day

valentine'sday

Good morning!  Today’s card is inspired not only by the fabulous colour combination from the ColourQ Challenge blog this week, but by my dear friend, Lynn’s card HERE.  She rocked the PTI half and half die and has had me drooling for days with that card!  I don’t have these dies…did a trick a time or two with the Spellbinders dies…so I trimmed my edgers die piece to look like a half and half die panel :)  It was hard NOT to make another Valentine card with this delicious colour ensemble.  The black and white reminded me of this sheet of paper in the Echo Park Yours Truly pad.  The pink plaid paper was on the reverse side so I didn’t have to look far for a contrasting complement piece :)  I also had fun layering that sweet little red heart button onto the larger pink button :)  More unpacking to do…but I’m getting there…slowly but surely :)  Have a great Saturday! Thanks for visiting :)

signature

cqc122 

what’s in it?

stamps: pti heart prints

ink: versafine onyx

paper: pti kraft, echo park Yours Truly

accessories: pti edgers die, ribbon, buttons, Michaels heart button, thread, stitching

12 comments:

Lynn said...

Moe, you are so, so sweet! I love the double buttons and how you did placed the sentiment. And let's chat about that paper. Beautiful! I'm seeing all the gorgeous MME's paper and thinking I need to do a bit of shopping! :)

Belkies said...

Love!Beautiful!

Sylvia said...

Fun card, Maureen, lovely as well, I especially like what you did with the dsp and the way you used the colors! Thanks for joining us at the ColourQ this week.

Marisa said...

Love the layered button and how you used the colours. That edger die is screaming my name LOL! Have a great weekend and hopefully you get a big dint in the craft room unpacking.

Tracey McNeely said...

Gorgeous card Maureen, you have made such a beautiful card. Love that Echo Park paper.

Anonymous said...

Maureen, thank you for your LOVELY comment on my book card - you made me blush !! I totally relate to the story of your son - been there ! And, although I had heard that poem before, I had forgotten it, so it was a great refresh.

As soon as I clicked over to visit you, I recognised your blog - it's one that frequently catches me when I click over to my favourite cards from various bloghops ! So THANK YOU for your inspiration too !!

Margaret C

Anonymous said...

Maureen, thank you for your LOVELY comment on my book card - you made me blush !! I totally relate to the story of your son - been there ! And, although I had heard that poem before, I had forgotten it, so it was a great refresh.

As soon as I clicked over to visit you, I recognised your blog - it's one that frequently catches me when I click over to my favourite cards from various bloghops ! So THANK YOU for your inspiration too !!

Margaret C

Aimes said...

You're rockin' those Valentine's cards, Diva! I love your use of that cool, retro DP on this beauty (and don't think I didn't spot that adorable li'l heart button!)
Hope you're having a super weekend! Ours is very snowy...mind you, you'd probably call it just a sprinkle of snow LOL!
Hugs,
Duchess
x

Heidi said...

I just love this EP paper: and the simplicity of this card.

angel1990 said...

I love this EP paper!! Simple but AWESOME card!!

TannyP said...

Truly inspired =) Love the buttons and ribbon. You did a beautiful job of highlighting Lynn's beauty!

Linda (Lindyloo) said...

Hi Maureen,
another triumph colour Q colours. A very visual card indeed.
All the best Linda

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...