Friday, March 2, 2012

Everything is Going to Be Okay

vlvmarch1

TGIF friends!!  It’s a new month of fabulous Viva La Verve challenges over on the Verve Forum!!  I love this sketch by Diva Amber as the main panel is perfect for the new Plain Jane that was released all by its lonesome a few weeks ago :)  I hope you’ll like another sample with it :)  It’s always a bit of a thrill to ink up new stamps, isn’t it?  And for some reason, this sketch screamed pink and black at me!! LOL  No explaining that one, so I just went with it :)  I know I like to dedicate my cards to certain friends or just all my blog buddies in general…but this one today is for me.  Well, not just me but for all the B.C. teachers as we head into unpleasant territory with our government.  I love my job and want to protect it so that I can be the best teacher for my students.  Please keep us in your prayers :)  And as I look at this card on my favourite Friday morning…I know in my heart, eventually, it will be okay :)  Hugs to you all :)  Now let’s ALL head over to the Verve forum and focus on more eye candy!! 

signature

VLVMarWk1sketch 

what’s in it?

stamps: be okay plain jane, tag time (Verve)

paper: white, pink (PTI), your truly (Echo Park), Blush (MME)

ink: going gray (SU), onyx (Versafine)

accessories: tagged rectangle die (A Cut Above by Verve), rectangle dies (Spellbinders), buttons, twine (PTI), gems (Kaisercraft), stitching

6 comments:

TannyP said...

Oh my! I love this color combo - it's sooooo you! The papers are gorgeous and the bow, buttons & bling are awesome. Fabulous use of the sketch! Happy Friday - I hope everything is okay SOON!

Marisa said...

Pink and black look good one you ;) Loving that B & W polka dotted paper and darling touch with the. Such a fun sentiment. Can't wait to get it with my next order.

Was telling the kids they are basically getting a three week spring break this year. Hoping things settle soon as I have too many teacher friends who just want to get on with it and teach their kids... Here's to a quick resolution!

Aimes said...

Everything *will* be okay, Diva. I'm sure of it! I'm not sure what's cracking off over there with your government but things have been pretty tense involving us striking over here with our pensions and a new curriculum and standards (seems like we're going backwards rather than forwards!) *sigh*
Sorry I digress! Let's keep this Friday a happy one - your card is fabulous! I love the mix of DPs (again this is another to put into my inspiration file!) so chic!
Hugs!
Duchess
x

Luanne said...

Love this one Moe! That rectangle tag looks super. Hope I get some stampy time this weekend, the sketch is great too. Have a good one! :)

Lynn said...

Unfortunately, I feel like it is going on everywhere that we are continuing to put so much pressure on our teachers. Our focus is all on test score achievement. I adore the boys teachers and how they can figure out their unique personalities and learning styles to motivate them to excel. I wish they had more time to focus on them individually versus worrying about a test score. My prayers are with you my dear friend. Your card is perfect.

Andrea M said...

Gorgeous card! And a sentiment I have to recite to myself on occasion :) Never hurts to get some perspective sometimes!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...