Monday, April 2, 2012

Thanks for Everything

thankswms

Good morning!  Well, we had every kind of weather here yesterday.  I woke up to snow that turned to rain.  Then it was really windy with sleet, then snow, then rain again!! LOL  So really, there was not much to do on a Sunday afternoon than stamp!!  This card is for this week’s Waltzingmouse Challenge.  AND it’s a REAL challenge for those of us that like to pile it on…

WMSC91_thumb[2]

Well, I discovered a long time ago that “layers” on a card is up for debate depending on your personal definition.  So here’s my thinking…if I am dressing, I start with skin…that’s my base…then I add layers to that base.  If not, I’d get arrested!  So if you follow my reasoning, I have a “one layer” card.  The card base is the point of origin, like “0.”  And even my 7 year olds know, you can’t have “nuthin’!”  LOL  I was so tempted to add a little butterfly somewhere, but he always wound up on the first layer and THAT would mean a second layer…and THAT would be breaking the rule, so he had to get off!  The patterned paper is really working overtime on this card as is the bling!  Thanks for  stopping by…I hope these April showers don’t last long!

signature 

what’s in it?

stamps: wms say it loud, vintage labels 18

ink: versafine onyx

paper: pti white, mme dolled up

accessories: spellbinders labels 18, gems

15 comments:

Tammy said...

I was thinking this was not the typical Moe card, but it's still fabulous! You should really pray for more April showers because it does equal more crafty time ;)

Marisa said...

Love your reasoning, Moe :) Darling paper and that is always a great nestie to use. Have a great week :)

Julia Aston said...

What lovely floral paper backdrop for your label Maureen! Pretty little pearls on the sentiment! A wonderful sketch card!

Peanut said...

I like your take on "one layer", Maureen. Going to give it a try soon. Thanks for sharing!

Aimes said...

Ha! I love your concept of one-layer, Diva! I think you've got it spot on...otherwise we'd all be very chilly walking around with no layers on LOL!
Rockin' the negative die cut and DP on this beauty :)
Hugs!
Duchess
x

Kelly S. said...

Oh sooo lovely, Maureen! That label is so sweet tucked in that patterned paper window! LOVE how you did the sentiment within the label image!

Lynn said...

I think your negotiation with yourself sounds a bit like me trying to negotiate with Marcel :) It is truly fabulous...and how in the world did you line up the inside stamp so perfectly? I love how you added the bling to the scrolls. Gorgeous details!

Pauline said...

This is so pretty, love the paper, and fab stamping.

Luanne said...

Your definition works for me! My question is, will you bling and fluff it up before you send it out?? LOL... your card stands alone in it's beauty!

Gerdine said...

This layout is lovely!! Well, in my opinion it is a one layer card! :)

TannyP said...

You make me laugh, Moe =) This sentiment is gorgeous all blinged up and your layer reasoning works for me!

Marybeth said...

Beautiful thank you card. I was happy to read it was printed paper. Great idea to do a cut out.

Jean Martin said...

Nice one Mo! lol! I agree with you on the layering! I have the hardest time with one layer cards myself! Thanks for sharing this with us at WMSC! :)

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

LOL Moe... I'm totally buying your reasoning!! Super. Gorgeous. Card. By the way :D Whatever you make is utterly lovely!

Kim Duran said...

Maureen, you're so funny about the layers. I felt the same way! So does this mean your card is only wearing its under garments without the rest of its layers? You made me laugh reading your post! Thanks for joining us this week at Waltzingmouse!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...