Wednesday, May 2, 2012

A Little Message for You

thankyou 

Hello friends!  Today’s card is just oozing cuteness!  I am getting quite the little collection of My Favourite Things a la modes and think they are just too adorable!  However, I did have an issue with this image at first…DRESS CODE!  LOL  At first I thought it was another teacher image and there is no way this 35+ primary teacher would ever wear a short skirt like this! ACK!  But then I was thinking about the sentiments in the set and the “girl” holding the apple and then it dawned on me that this is a student (with a very short skirt!)  So I added some fashionable leggings to her…notice the black line just above the ankle!  Ah, crisis avoided!  I’ve mixed an a la mode set with some fun typed sentiment stamps from Just My Type and used the MFT Wednesday sketch from last week. I am going to give this to our secretary this week.  It was secretary’s day last week, but I want to show her that it doesn’t take a “day” to appreciate all she does…I like to mix it up a bit :)  Woohoo, it’s hump day!  The weekend is just around the corner!  Enjoy!

signature

MFTWSC69 

what’s in it?

stamps: mft an apple for teacher, just my type

ink: versafine onyx

paper: pti su, lilybee designs, pti dps

accessories: spellbinders long rectangle dies, pti oval dies, stitching

6 comments:

Marisa said...

Nice touch adding the leggings lol :) Sure the secretary will appreciate the modesty too ;) Great card and I"m loving the polka dotted apple. Enjoy your day, know the secretary will!

Tammy said...

Haha--you kill me! I teach at a Catholic high school where the girls wear kilts (although they're being phased out). Some of them do wear them that short! Clever idea on the leggings!

Aimes said...

Yup - I'd definitely require leggings under that skirt, Diva! LOL! She has the same high ponytail and sweeping fringe as me though ;D
Loooooooove that paper pieced apple - it looks delicious!
Friday-Eve tomorrow, Diva! ;D
Hugs!
Duchess
x

The Paper Parade said...

Hahahaha, loving the way you described this stamp! I was going to say, you know she's wearing leggings, right? But then you said you drew them on LOL! Loving that big patterned apple :)

Ann said...

Cuteness, Maureen! LOVE how you left the girl uncolored...really makes that paper pieced apple POP!

Lynn said...

I think you need to come lay down a few rules at our schools here...the yoga pants the girls were have been a hot debate at the high school in more ways that one!

Totally smiled at how you made this proper Moe! Love the paper pieced apple...such a divine card!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...