Thursday, May 31, 2012

Wishing You a Fabulous Day

 To see my CASE Study post, click HERE!

fabulousday2

Good morning!  When I saw the colourQ colour palette this week, I was intrigued…a different combination, but an oh so fabulous and different one!  These colours made me think of French country for some reason (without the yellow).  I broke out my new Waltzingmouse Stamps Chicken Wire background (this one is NOT leaving the desk area for awhile!).  Now I must confess that this card was made with a bit of a boo boo…this is the first photo of it…

fabulousday

Can you see the blooper?  After downloading this photo and then checking back on the colourQ site, I noticed that I forgot one colour…bashful blue! ACK!  So I had to replace that fabulous little resin flower with a sweet little baby blue button with twine.  I missed the sparkle of the first take so I added some gems to the sentiment.  I love both, how about you?  Last night as I was preparing this post, I thought that I should have distressed the edges a bit and added some stitching…my go to moves on a card…but I think I kind of like it the way it is…shabby chic with some hard edges…just like me! ACK {wink!}.  Have a lovely day…I’m taking my class to gymnastics this morning…they’ll love it!  Especially jumping into the foam pit!  Thanks for stopping by! Have a good one!

signature

cqc139

12 comments:

Lynn said...

Shabby chic with hard edges? I don't think that's right :) No hard edges for you my dear friend! This is so, so fabulous! I love the cooler color tones of this palette. Stunning indeed!

Marisa said...

I just finished a card using these colours - they were fun to work with. Great job with them and good catch with the missing colour. Hope you don't have to go digging for any swallowed socks or lost teeth in the foam pit - I've seen both LOL!

Michelle Woerner said...

This is very pretty! I love these colors and that chicken wire is to DIE for!!

Heidi said...

that background is phenomenal! Hope it was fun in the pit- you gotta be getting excited for summer break! I know I am. (it allows me to sleep in!)

angel1990 said...

LOVE this card!! I want that chicken wire background!! :)

Tracey McNeely said...

The chicken wire background works with the dress form so well, great card.

Sylvia said...

Wonderful card, Maureen, love that background for your shabby chic card!So glad to have you join us this week at the ColourQ.

Christina said...

Gorgeous! Enough said.

Linda Beeson said...

So nice, I love that chicken wire!

Suzanne said...

Stunning! You've reminded me to pull out the dress form die - I love that stamp!!

LeAnne said...

I love them both....and I SO SO want that chicken wire stamp. I just love WM stuff! So glad you were able to play with the CQC colors this week!

TannyP said...

And here all I was noticing was the bling until I read further. LOL! I love them both!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...