Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Hello Sunshine

hellosunshine

Good morning! I can’t believe it’s Wednesday already!  Today’s card is inspired by the CAS-ual Fridays Challenge.  This week they want us to use “text.”  I’m in!  I kind of had a card in mind before I started (inspired by this card I made a couple of weeks ago) and I held to that picture minus a few details…after all, it’s a CAS challenge.  And what I’ve learned about CAS is that sometimes it’s more about what you “don’t say” than what you do {wink!}.  Oh, I wanted to add some bling and a butterfly overlapping the negative die cut, but NO!  The only thing I let myself do was emboss the raised layer.  I think the butterfly embossing folder was the perfect choice.  OH, I am loving the PTI Big Favourites stamp sets.  I’ve use every sentiment in this one set I have and plan on getting another one.  LOVE the super size!  Thanks for visiting and make sure to come back tonight for my CASE Study post :)  Hugs!

signature

CAS-ualFridaysNoWords

what’s in it?

stamps: pti big favourites #15

ink: versafine onyx

paper: pti soft stone, echo park victoria garden

accessories: embossing folder, pti butterfly die

11 comments:

Lynn said...

Be still my CAS loving heart! You are on a CAS roll and today's card knocks it out of the park Moe! Love the embossing and the text behind the negative die! The pop of pink is perfect! So happy you could play with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Today is my Friday woohoo! Back to baseball tonight!

Melisa Hunter said...

This is gorgeous, Maureen! Love the white on white with the pretty texture. You do wonders with the negative die designs. So nice to see you yesterday! Thanks for the visit!

Marisa said...

Looky at you going all CAS :) Love the embossed panel for a little extra (who's it by?) and the little pop of pink is perfect. Enjoy the sunshine :)

Kara Lynne said...

Great use of text in your butterfly! Love the embossed ones too. Wonderful CAS style!

Vickie Z said...

Love the embossed raised panel! Big sentiment o. The side is wonderful! I agree with Marisa...love the pop of pink in the text!

Angie Tieman said...

Gorgeous CAS card! Love all the embossed butterflies and the text peeking out from behind! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays this week!

The Paper Parade said...

Maureen, this is SOOO not your usual style, but I'm SO loving it! What a great idea to have the text show through the die cut... and all the light colors and the embossing...I love it all!

Dana said...

This made me gasp. SO lovely and differetn and full of eye catching details:) Thanks so much for playing along with the CAS-ual Friday challenge this week:)

Laurie said...

OH my goodness this is so pretty! I love the embossing and the soft colors! Awesome! Thanks for playing along at CAS-ual Fridays!

TannyP said...

Holy doodles - I'm in love! This is spectacular, Moe!!! WOWEE!! The negative die cut, the embossing, the text....it's all phenomenal!

Aimes said...

You know I love it when you do CAS, Diva! I'm so glad you resisted the temptation to add anything else to this beautiful card - it's perfect as it is!
Hugs!
Duchess
x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...