Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Happy New Year ~ PTI December Blog Hop

happynewyearmaureenplut

Good morning!  It’s Boxing Day here in Canada so I am avoiding the stores and enjoying a peaceful morning with our house guests.  I’m also going to enjoy the Papertrey Ink December Blog Hop later today :)  We are asked to make a mostly white card so I threw down some shimmer paper, dug out a doily and looked through my embossing folders.  I knew I wanted to make a Happy New Year’s card for someone special so added some silver embossing and some sweet silver jingle bells (nope, not done with them quite yet!).  When a card is super shimmery, I turn off one of my light box lights to tame the glare.  However, I thought it’d be fun to see the full shine of this card as the banners are die cut from shimmer pattern paper.

happynewyearshimmer

Thanks so much for visiting and hope your Christmas was wonderful.  We survived hosting the 30+ sit down dinner with lots of laughter, noise, great food and wine!  Thanks for popping by and enjoy the rest of the hop!

signature

ptihopdec26

 Blog-hop-logo

what’s in it?

stamps: pti fillable frames #4, happy day

ink: versafine onyx, versamark

paper: pti white, sei white elegance

accessories: verve ribbon banner die, pti fillable frame #4 die, paper doily, su embossing folder, seam binding ribbon, jingle bells, bakers twine, silver embossing powder

36 comments:

Luanne said...

So now I have a reason for why I couldn't get a good picture of my card! Thanks for the tip on lighting! Your card is just gorgeous! Love it very much!

Kara said...

so pretty Maureen!! so glad you had a wonderful Christmas!

Tracey said...

This is just beautiful Maureen!!

Melissa said...

Simply Beautiful!

landerson213 said...

Love that bit of silver. So pretty. :)

Lauren
http://landersoncraftydesigns.wordpress.com/

Camilla said...

Very beautiful.
Merry Christmas.

Tracey McNeely said...

A beautiful New Years card Maureen! The embossing is exquisite!

Donna B. said...

Gorgeous card! Love the embossing on the label die!

victoria h said...

Beautiful card- love the shimmer.

Tracey said...

Perfect in so many ways!!! LOVE it!!!

maryrose said...

So pretty! Lovely bells to ring in the new year, too!

Lynn said...

Oh my goodness...the shimmer on these is jaw dropping Maureen. I am in love...and I understand why you can't put the jingle bells away. I can't put away the Verve snowflakes (look for them on Saturday).

Enjoy the quiet morning..taking a quick break for lunch! xoxo

Jen Carter said...

Very beautiful! I love the shimmer and the bells!

Joyce said...

What a pretty card. Those shimmer banners are outstanding.

Vicki Dutcher said...

Fun New Years Eve card! Love the added bells

Marisa said...

Great white on white card! Love the banner and the delightful card. Trusting you had a fabulous Christmas and are enjoying your down time :)

Leigh Penner said...

Beautiful card! I love everything about it!

Karen said...

Gorgeous card; the silver and bells are so festive!

Meredith MacRitchie said...

You KNOW I love this. So beautiful, with all the different textures and patterns! I am also avoiding public... If it were up to me, I'd be in my new Jammies all day, but me shave to go for dinner at the father in laws!

Sue Lelli said...

Love the embossing and the banners, Maureen! Happy New Year!

Betty Wright said...

Beautiful, Moe! Love the shine, jingles, and silver embossing!

Wida said...

it chalk full of gorgeousness!!! the bells and bling!

Helen F. said...

So beautiful, Maureen. Love the embossing, banners, silver bells and of course added bling never hurts ;o)

Jacquie Southas said...

Fabulous card - love all the layers & textures!

Kristen :-) said...

Wow! Love all the layers and all the textures. Can't go wrong with bells :-)

Jean said...

Oh, so beautiful ~ love the silver accents!

Greta said...

Gorgeous & perfect to say Happy New Year!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Lovely card Maureen. The embossed background looks so pretty and the the shinny papers are awesome. Great banner.

Unknown said...

Love the patterning on the paper, so glad you took more of a side shot to be able to see it.

Jill Norwood said...

Maureen this is so pretty! I love the details of the embossing and glimmer papers! Gorgeous!

samantha's cards said...

Beautiful card, love the silver accents.

Amy Kolling said...

Utterly gorgeous!!! Love the silver....and that PERFECT bow! :)

Tasnim said...

This card is gorgeous! I like the shimmery banners and the white embossing. All these texture looks really cool!

Taheerah said...

Beautiful card Maureen, I love all the shimmer and the layers!

Nancy Penir said...

These papers are gorgeous. Love your layout and detailing!

Roshan Jha said...

Thanks for one marvelous posting! I enjoyed reading it; you are a great author. You can also check our blog : new year greeting cards

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...