Thursday, February 7, 2013

Every Love Story ~ Online Card Class Day 9



Hi again!  I’m coming to the end of my CAS Online Card Class and will definitely be using Saturday as my catch up day.  Oh how I wish the class was in the summer so I could spend some good quality time with the techniques.  I’m feeling rushed at night so I feel like I’m missing out a bit on the process.  At least I’ll have all the videos to watch at my leisure after the class is done :)  Today’s tutorials focused on adding texture.  Oh, yes!  I’m all about texture!  I do know that if something seems “too” flat, add some texture!  The video I watched showed braying paint onto embossed paper.  Since I didn’t have any paint on hand, I used white craft ink to bray onto my woodgrain embossed paper.  I love the extra layer of dimension it creates.  I broke into my new PTI set and stamped a “favoUrite” sentiment.  I know it’s not OUR way of spelling “favoUrite,” but I couldn’t resist this set :)  I know/hope all my British spelling friends forgive me (even if I haven’t quite forgiven myself).  Eek!  It’s Friday tomorrow!  Come back nice and early to see my Viva La Verve card…I’m hosting Inspiration Week!
signature
CS2_participant

what’s in it?

stamps: pti sending my love

ink: versafine onyx, su craft white

paper: pti white, kraft

accessories: pti twine, half and half die, Michaels red heart

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Very Nice. Very clean and totally cute

Angel said...

beautiful card, love the wood background it sets of our sentiment so lovely, Prefect CAS

Tracey said...

This is gorgeous Maureen!!

Lynn said...

Good morning my friend...very behind on my google reader :) I love this beautiful card...the texture is awesome. Missing catching up on all your gorgeous CAS creations. Sitting on the patio of our hotel room...gorgeous view to the beach. Have to run off and get ready for our half day of mtgs!

Marisa said...

Love the kraft on the wood grain and the pop of red with the heart button is fabulous. I used to get marked down for my Canadian spelling on my papers while at university in the US and it drove me nuts! One prof was nice enough to let it slide but not the others. Had to convert over but when I was really tired it would automatically pop out in Canadian!

Lea L. said...

Sigh - I {heart} this. LOVE!

Scrappy Rx said...

I really like this card and the sentiment is so sweet!

Unknown said...

You make gorgeous cards Maureen - I love your style! *Ü*

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...