Sunday, July 28, 2013

Oh Merry!

merrymaureenplut

Click here to enter my 4th Blogiversary Blog Candy!

Good morning!  Do you ever see a challenge and say, “I cannot NOT play along”?  Well, that’s how it was for me when I saw the new Festive Friday colour challenge.  Silver, white and pink, puh-leeeaze!  Oh yummola!  I started throwing down bits of things on my desk and grabbed some old, er vintage, October Afternoon paper.  I had originally wanted pink poinsettias, but I won’t have this lovely shade of pink until my PTI order arrives next week.  So I went with grey, which I think I like better!  It’s totally unexpected!  Now, I have to tell you something funny about that paper doily…when the DH and I were on a quick little getaway a few weeks ago, we stopped in at the romantic bistro we had dinner at when we were first dating.  When they brought our drinks out, there were these sweet doilies on the plates!  I grabbed them up right away!  The DH thought I was crazy, but they were too cute to pass up!  AND score…I had two stuck together!  LOL  Hope your day is lovely…thanks for stopping by!

signature

Pink, White, Silver 

what’s in it?

stamps: pti bells and boughs

ink: su going gray

paper: pti rustic white, october afternoon woodland, recollections glitter cardstock

accessories: “lifted” paper doily, pti bells and boughs and wonderful words holiday die collections, jingle bells, bakers twine, mme enamel dots, verve signature seam binding, stitching

14 comments:

Jill Norwood said...

Gorgeous and the grey pionsettias are unexpected and sweet! Plus the doilies and the story behind them make the card even more special! :)

Luanne said...

This is the sweetest, prettiest, card ever! I love how you used the colors, and of course the silver bells! Darling!

Barb said...

Oh, my!! This is absolutely stunning, Maureen! I adore these colors - they look so pretty together! Your layering is perfect and I love the sweet doily - I would have grabbed them too! :)

Ardyth said...

Oh wow! This is so beautiful - so much lovely detail! Love the sparkle of the letters and the fact that you'll hear this card as well - jingle bells have such a joyful sound! Thanks for playing along with us at Festive Friday!

Marcia Hill said...

A beautiful card and I love your doily story...I would have done the same thing! :0)

Marisa said...

Just LOVE this, Moe!! The sparkly merry is fabulous and yes, I love that colour combo too. Great score on the doilies. I would have been in the back asking the Manager if I could buy a few from him LOL!

Geri said...

Man, this is gorgeous, Maureen! And I agree...the grey is PERFECT! BETTER than pink! Your pretty pale pink pattern is so lovely with the silver sparkle! I just can't think of a thing that would make it any prettier! (Your doily looks just like the ones I kept from a dessert at Disney one year! Can't leave somethin' that pretty for the TRASH!!!;) Thanks for sharing this beauty with us at Festive Friday!

Jinny Newlin said...

Absolutely beautiful, Maureen! LOVE this palette for Christmas, and you've totally made it shine!

Meredith MacRitchie said...

You mean... not everyone takes craftable items when they present themselves? Strange...

Do I even need to comment?! You have to know how much I love this! It's so *SO* gorgeous! And grey blooms was the exact right decision!

Thanks again for playing along!!

Lynn said...

Moe, everything about this card is absolutely perfect. I love the glitter and jingle bells and am completely smiling about your dinner. I can visualize it perfectly. We are off to the Tower of London and then to take a speed boat tour on the river. Xoxo

Kim S said...

You might have wanted to avoid this color challenge...but you have done amazing things with it. This is truly stunning!

Aimes said...

OK. I think this is the prettiest Christmas card I've ever seen in my life, Diva! Seriously! And y'know those bells make my heart skip a beat every time, right?! ;D
Hugs!
x

Julie said...

Love the story. I have the merry die -it's my favorite for Christmas. great sparkle -lovely card.

Nancy Penir said...

Recognize all the PTI pretties! Love the merry in glitter, but my fav are the silver poinsettia. Love, love them! I can't tell you how often I've swooped up those 'special' coasters!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...