Saturday, August 17, 2013

Celebrating Your Birthday!

celebratingmaureenplut

Good morning!  Well, I’m happy to report that I have my fingers back!  Yes, I got the gel nails taken off yesterday and I’ve doubled my efficiency around the house  :)  If you’re just tuning in, I had gel nails put on 2 1/2 weeks ago for my bonus son’s wedding.  However, life with nails (when you’re not used to them) is not that easy…picking things up off the floor (like adhesive backs, dies, paper), tying ribbon, scratching an itch and even typing!  I miss how beautifully perfect they looked, but I’m sure glad to have them off :)  To celebrate, I thought I’d play along with this week’s Moxie Fab World’s Tuesday Trigger: I’m Craving Navy.

Navy Bluesaug18

With all those fabulous navy stripes, you’d thinking I’d have more navy and stripes on my card!  LOL  Nope, I zoomed in on the carpet.  I’m interpreting its pattern as houndstooth :)  Clean and simple, just like the photo with colour in the bottom left corner and more white in the upper half of the layout.  A bit of bling with sequins and a gem makes it festive (IMHO).  Thanks for stopping by!  Are YOU celebrating anything today?  I’d love to hear about it!

signature 

what’s in it?

stamps: verve strong anchor, pti movers and shakers sentiments

ink: versafine onyx, su night of navy

paper: pti white, su sahara sand, teresa collins Memories

accessories: verve nautical die set, sequins, gem

17 comments:

Lynn said...

Seriously...this is absolute CAS perfection...so you know I'm sitting here with my diet coke swooning at the gorgeousness of this card. The background is perfect and I love the sequins...Happy sigh :)

Tracey McNeely said...

What a great card Maureen, love those wheels and the sequins. A CAS beauty.

Barb said...

Hee, hee! I know what you mean about the nails - they are so fun to have and beautiful to look at but it really does take getting used to!

Your card is fantastic, Maureen! Love the wonderful design! Lynn is right, ya know - it's CAS perfection!

Marisa said...

Just love this Moe!! Fabulous take on the info. Picture and the wheels are great with it. You ticked this challenge big time!!

We arr at the municiple site in Summerland and it is a fabulous site!! Last day here as we head home today :( spent three hours at the lake yesterday purr jumping etc. Think it is the beet ten I've had in tests lil. Loooooove this lake!

Yeah for getting full use of your hands back ;) Will wave as we pass the turn off to Kamloops. So close and yet so far.....one day!!!!

Nancy Penir said...

Always love to see your clean design takes on challenges. This card, no exception! Beautiful, bright, and yes, clean!
Had 'nails' for years, took them off, and never looked back! Couldn't believe how much I missed! Including buttoning and snapping!

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Beautiful card - so perfect for the trigger - it fits right in with the picture!

I could not live with fake nails, haha......

Jacquie Southas said...

Beautiful, CAS perfection - love the houndstooth!

Sarah said...

What a great take on the trigger, Maureen. I love that you held back on the navy, it makes the color stand out even more.

sandie said...

Wow Moe, sorry I have not been around for a while but had to drop by when I saw this gorgeous CAS card. I love how you balanced it in the same way as the photo and went with the carpet, just perfect x

Larissa Heskett said...

LOVE the Whole Design!! Such a Classy Card!! =) THANKS for sharing and have a FABULOUS WEEK!! =)

Petra Swart said...

Beautiful card, Maureen! Love that you've kept it so CAS. TFS.

Kim S said...

I love your subtle and natural colors...the paper is perfect for the look of the card!

gardener said...

Yum and yum. One yum for the gray and white and the other for the slanted use of the PTI greeting. Thanks for the inspiration.

Teresa Zuehls said...

LOL! Yes, life with nails takes a bit of getting use to. I love your take on the TT! Love the houndstooth pattern and the blue ships wheels. TFS

Tammy said...

LOVE this!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Maureen! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

Lindsey said...

Maureen, this is fantastic! I love how the layout of your card is taken from the photo. And actually the rug was the very first thing that stood out to me, too...funny, huh?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...