Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Heartfelt Thanks from Canada

fromCanadamaureenplut

Good morning!  Just popping in today with a special card I made last week for my nephew this past summer.  The lucky duck got to go to Ireland with friends!  My sister, his mom, asked if I would make a nice thank you card for him to send to the family who hosted his stay.  At first I was going to make a green Irish kind of card, but then I rethought that and got onto a Canadian theme.  I am using many Waltzingmouse stamps (from Ireland) so I thought that was more than appropriate, although only to me!  LOL  I based this sketch on one I had done a few months ago as I wanted a few sentiments on banners.  I love the maple leaf one!  Here’s the sentiment inside…I did go for an Irish sentiment that I thought was cool…

IMG_7362

I hope your week is going well!  Hugs!

signature 

what’s in it?

stamps: su glorious and free, wms Irish Blessings, Frame It, Fancy Phrases

ink: versafine onyx, su ruby red

paper: pti rustic cream, su ruby red, studio calico snippets

accessories: pti tag die, spellbinders maple leaf die, mft fishtail banners, seam binding ribbon, lace trim, pti button/twine, stitching, sequins

4 comments:

Lynn said...

How lucky is he to go to Ireland and to have a super cool Aunt to make this card for him to send as a thank you. I love the stamping on the patterned paper. The combo of Canada and the sentiment on the inside is perfect! I would frame this!

Marisa said...

Love this. Great idea to go with the Canadian theme and the Irish sentiment! Sure the family will adore receiving this :)

Aimes said...

Oh I love that you used WMS for this card - so fitting!
The Canadian theme is a sure winner with me too. Speaking of which, we had our first proper freeze and snow flurry today. I think it's time for the mittens to make an appearance...! :D

Lindsey said...

What a beautiful, thoughtful card. I love the details, straight down to the Irish stamps.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...