Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Peace On Earth ~ Festive Friday

peacemaureen

Wishing Peace on Earth and Peace in our teacher/government dispute here in BC.  It’s another sad time for public education.  I am on a picket line this morning, bright and early.  It seems like I am there a little too often over the last 10 years, thanks to our current government.  I don’t like to bring up political or sad events here on the blog, but I just needed to share (and vent) where I am this morning.  Hopefully common sense and clear thinking reach all those involved in our negotiations.  But let’s get on to happy things like this gorgeous inspiration photo from the Festive Friday challenge :)

festive

I was inspired by the neutrals with pop of red and the sweet little reindeers.  The layers of my banners remind me of the layers on the photo’s Christmas tree.  Thanks for visiting and for those who pray, please pray we get a negotiated (not mandated) contract that sees us invest in our children, especially our most vulnerable learners, our special needs kids.  Thank you :)

signature

stamps: PTI Tis the Season Sentiments, Verve Unto Us

dies: Verve Reindeer Fun, mft banner dies

accessories: Verve Shine Bright sequins

6 comments:

Lynn said...

Definitely sending prayers your way for a peaceful resolution and most importantly a resolution that is in the best interest of the children.

I love your card. The touch of red with the neutrals is stunning Moe. Love seeing you at Festive Fridays!

Ardyth said...

Oh dear, we had problems in Ontario last year. Seems like an eternal struggle, doesn't it? Love your pretty card - so glad you joined us at Festive Friday!

Marisa said...

I see snippets of one of my favorite Christmas paper pads. Fabulous take on the photo.

Marcia Hill said...

Sending prayers for a peaceful resolution and to tell you thank you for the job you do for all the little ones...you ARE appreciated!! And your card is beautiful...I think you nailed the inspiration photo perfectly! :0)

Kay Miller said...

Such a beautiful card! Your layering is gorgeous and I Love the two little deer! I hope there is a peaceful resolution to the dispute going on with your government right now. Thanks so much for joining us at Festive Friday! :)

Rebecca Luminarias said...

Gorgeous card, Maureen! I love it! Great layering in the top left corner--the stitching, paper strips, and reindeer. Really, really pretty! Thanks so much for playing again at Festive Friday this week!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...