Wednesday, August 19, 2015

When You Think of Beautiful Things

beautifulcanuckmaureenplut

Hi friends!  I’m pretty excited about how this card turned out.  It’s inspired by this awesome Vancouver 2010 Olympics t-shirt.

shirt

So here’s the story.  When my sister from Texas was up this summer, we went to visit my aunt and uncle and this photo was on their mantle.  Ava, my sister’s daughter was wearing the exact same shirt but in a children’s size.  My sister said she LOVED that shirt, but it was too small.  Well, I had the same shirt, but in an adult’s size AND I still had it! 

avashirt

So I’m sending my niece the shirt along with a matching card!  I LOVE it!  A true Canadian card!  I stamped the plaid lines with black ink and Clearly Besotted’s Basic Stripes onto red cardstock.

cardandshirt

closeup

I had to add my favourite Canadian watermark image inside! HA!

watermark

I’m mailing the shirt and card today along with the mixed media bookmark card I made on Monday.  I know she’s going to love the surprise!  Have a great day! Thanks for popping in!

signature

2 comments:

Lynn said...

They will absolutely love the card and the matching shirt. Such a fun gift!

Marisa said...

Great card and a great gift!! Love it :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...